Internship Software Engineer
Are you enthusiastic about software development, data and cloud technologies? Do you want to gain hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform and work on exciting Big Data projects? If so, Crystalloids is the perfect place for you!
We are looking for a Software Engineering Intern to support our development efforts on GCP-based projects. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work on real-world projects, learn from experienced professionals, and make a meaningful impact in the world of Big Data.
Crystalloids was founded in 2006 and consist of qualified data specialists that help organizations innovate and grow their business by building solutions in Google Cloud. We became Google Cloud Premier partner in 2021.
We believe that the foundation for a successful solution is based on three dimensions: the people, the processes and the technology. At Crystalloids we always take these three dimensions into account when we build solutions for our customers.
We gained an interesting client portfolio over the years. Our clients operate in market segments like retail, media, telecom, finance and insurance and are based in the Netherlands or other European countries: Rituals, ACSI, Body&Fit, CoolBlue, de Bijenkorf, HEMA, KNVB, FD Media and others.
- Collaborate with our software engineering team to design, develop, and deploy Big Data solutions on Google Cloud Platform.
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and tools.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code while following best practices and coding standards.
- Participate in code reviews, troubleshooting, and debugging to ensure the quality and performance of our applications.
- Document your work and share your findings with the team to foster knowledge sharing.
- basic technical skills (database and data warehouse management, SQL knowledge, ETL processes)
- knowledge or desire to work with BI
- excellent communication skills
- team player mindset
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Good programming skills in Java.
- Knowledge about Flutter (or willigness to learn it)
- Basic understanding of cloud computing concepts and a strong interest in learning Google Cloud Platform services.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Eagerness to learn, adapt, and tackle new challenges.
What we offer:
- Hands-on experience working with cutting-edge Big Data technologies, Google Cloud Platform, Java and Flutter.
- Exposure to real-world projects and the opportunity to contribute to meaningful solutions.
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals in the field.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment that values your ideas and contributions.
- The potential for a future full-time position based on your performance and the availability of opportunities.
Amaury, software developer (intern)
“During my internship, I worked on a real business project that customers can make use of. I learned a lot, especially from my supervisors. It's exciting to be able to continue working at Crystalloids and improve my skills and knowledge even further..“